Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gender studies and causality

Hi,

I interestingly read this week's article especially in terms of gender studies and causality behinds social phenomena.

First, I never knew gender studies before. Since I knew the term of "gender" and "sex", it was interesting to find the difference between the Gender Identity and Gender Role. In particular, I found interestingly that there is a discussion whether gender identity is congenital or acquired.

Second, I liked the article of Krieger, "Framework matters." Krieger raised the framework that analyzed ecosoical and health and human rights perspectives on disparities in women's health. In Economics, we have to mention "the causality" striclty. However, I thought it is sometimes necessary to establish "loose" corelation among social phenomina and issues to solve a social problem like in this case.

No comments: